1. It is necessary that she ______ to the party next week.
A. goes B. will go C. go D. went
2. In his unhappiness he had come even to question his ________.
A. diversity B. entity C. prosperity D. minority
3. Wolves were _______ in the nearby forest.
A. roaring B. barking C. howling D. growling
4. _______ for the timely investment from the general public, our company would not be so thriving as it is.
A. Had it not been B. Were it not
C. Be it not D. Should it not be
5. We should not _______ environmental protections to foster economic growth.
A. reduce B. give C. realize D. sacrifice